It’s a Three-Peat! We’ve Once Again Been Named to Ad Age’s “Best Places to Work” List
Published: January 24, 2022
Author: Rob Murray
In 2020, we dramatically adjusted the way we do business in the face of the devastating Covid-19 pandemic. We evaluated what is most important to us, not only as a company, but as human beings, and wove those findings and feelings into our values. Come 2021, we had to continue to adapt and support our teams and individuals, and did so with unwavering dedication and compassion.
With that being said, I am proud and humbled to share that we have once again been named to Ad Age’s Best Places to Work list in 2022!
Throughout the year, we remained committed to our values: Accept No Limits, Act for the Greater Good, Be Inclusive, and Own It, resulting in a number of accomplishments that impacted every 3Qer. Together, we:
- Fostered a psychologically safe environment by:
- Establishing our ERGs (AAPI, BLA3Q, Parents, 3QPride), which carried on the educational work we started in 2020 by bringing in speakers, hosting events, participating in job fairs, and sharing resources.
- Launching our DEIB Newsletter that provides 3Qers with monthly ERG updates, tips for allyship, information on global cultural holidays, and actionable steps for inclusion.
- Running training sessions with teams on how to run inclusive meetings.
- Acknowledged and supported the needs of our diverse employee base and emphasized the value of prioritizing mental health by:
- Going internal-meeting free for a whole week.
- Closing the offices from December 27 – January 3.
- Transforming Christmas Eve and Christmas into floating holidays so each employee can celebrate holidays that are most essential to them.
- Adding Juneteenth as a company holiday.
- Maintained 3Q culture in a remote environment by thinking outside the box:
- In addition to our established informational Slack channels, dozens more were created for fun communities that have tons of posts every day where people socialize and build community. These span a wide range of topics, from diversity and work-life balance to pets and parenting. (My personal favorite Slack channel is “Cheers for Peers,” where I get to be uplifted reading the amazing recognition our employees give each other every day!)
- We continued our monthly trivia, encouraged individual teams to host events such as virtual escape rooms, and were even able to hold in-person, outdoor events where 3Qers new and old could finally meet face-to-face!
- Encouraged a culture of feedback and recognition which is exemplified by:
- Promoting and submitting over 1,400 “Cheers for Peers,” which are shout outs to employees who demonstrate our core values.
- Recognizing individuals with monthly employee value awards, and annual value awards so they receive a well-deserved bonus.
- Achieving industry-leading eNPS scores where we measure by company, by team, and by marginalized communities and intersectional identities.
In addition to our internal commitment to being inclusive and acting for the greater good, 3Q Digital donated almost $20,000 to various organizations including The Trevor Project and Liberty in North Korea, and promoted employee-led donations to our offshore team. The palpable love our employees exude is inspiring, and key to what makes 3Q Digital so special.
In the summer of 2021, during a Covid downturn, I had the privilege of visiting some of our offices in person to be part of the collaboration and environment of office life. I visited Charlottesville, Chicago, and San Francisco, and was able to meet many new people and catch up with employees I hadn’t seen in more than a year. Being able to work closely with 3Qers I don’t normally have the opportunity to work with further proved how exceptional our employees are.
Together, we have all embraced our rallying cry of “Accept No Limits,” and I’m so proud of everything we have accomplished. This recognition from Ad Age is an exceptional team achievement, and affirms we have taken the right steps to create an environment where employees can thrive. And with our recent acquisition of Inseev Interactive, we will continue to advance our company culture while adding even more world-class services for our clients. We are constantly seeking innovation and forward movement, and I’m honored to be a 3Qer!